The Legio Custodes are the body guards and sworn protectors of the Emperor, his chosen emissaries, and, should the need arise, his most deadly executioners. The Talons of the Emperor Ally list detailed here may only be taken as an allied contingent to another force. Legio Custodes formations have an initiative rating of 1+.
The Legio Custodes are the Emperor's elite, forged in his image, they gain the following special rules:
- It takes 2 Blast markers to suppress a Legio Custodes unit or kill a unit in a broken formation (ignoring any leftover Blast markers).
- Legio Custodes formations are only considered broken if they have 2 blast markers per unit in the formation (as opposed to the standard one blast marker per unit).
- Legio Custodes formations only count half the number of blast markers in assault resolution (rounding down – note that assault resolution will not receive +1 for having no Blast markers if the formation has 1 Blast marker before rounding down).
- When a broken Legion Custodes formation rallies, it receives a number of Blast markers equal to the number of units, rather than half this number. Legio Custodes with the Leader special ability remove 2 Blast markers instead of 1.
- Legio Custodes formations halve the number of hackdowns suffered when a formation loses an assault.
Legio Custodes Line Detachments can only take each upgrade once.
|Hykanatoi Detachment||6 Sentinel Guard OR 6 Custodian Guard units||Captain-General OR Senior Officer, Teleport, Carrier||350 pts|
|Kataphraktoi Detachment||6 Custodes Agamatus units||Senior Officer||300 pts|
Legion Custodes Support Detachments can only take each upgrade once.
|Tharanatoi Detachment||4 Aquilion Terminators||Captain General OR Senior Officer, Carrier OR Teleport||375 pts|
|Ephoroi Detachment||4 Ephoroi Custodes||Carrier||325 pts|
|Venatari Detachment||4 Venatari Squads||-||350 pts|
|Sisters Detachment||4 Sisters of Silence||Teleport||250 pts|
|Morotoi Detachment||4 Custodes Dreadnought variants||-||350 pts|
|Pallas Grav-Attack Squadron||3 Pallas Grav-Attack Vehicles||-||250 pts|
|Caladius Grav-Tank Squadron||3 Caladius Grav-Tanks||-||325 pts|
Lords of War
|Orion Assault Squadron||1 - 2 Orion Assault Ship||-||300 pts each|
|0-1 Captain-General||Add 1 Captain-General||100 pts|
|Senior Officer||Add 1 Tribune||25 pts|
|Teleport||Add the Teleport special rule to each unit in the formation||50 pts|
|Carrier||Add enough Coronus Grav-Carrier units to transport the whole detachment||75 pts each|